For Meeting Planners
We love meeting planners…
In fact, Cara used to be one! We understand the logistics side, so this page has the most-requested info for clients who’ve booked us. Email our Program Manager, Tiffanie DeVarso, if you’d like your material customized or need something not on this page.
Bio/Intro: Cara Silletto, MBA
Workforce thought leader Cara Silletto, MBA, is the president of Crescendo Strategies, a firm committed to reducing unnecessary employee turnover by bridging generational gaps and making leaders more effective in their roles. Cara currently sits in a unique sweet spot for her specialty of bridging the great generational divide, because she is an early Millennial herself, born in 1981, yet she is equipped with an MBA and more than 14 years of experience learning the unwritten expectations of older managers and business owners in order to advance her own career. Workforce Magazine named Cara a “Game Changer” and Recruiter.com named her in their “Top 10 Company Culture Experts to Watch.” Cara is also the co-author of “What’s Next in HR.”
Bio/Intro: Leah Brown
Leah Brown is a Talent Retention Strategist for Crescendo Strategies, a Louisville-based firm committed to reducing unnecessary employee turnover for clients across multiple industries. Leah has 25 years of experience teaching, training, and facilitating improved leadership performance through organizations such as Dale Carnegie, the Department of Defense Education Activity, and the International Center for Corporate Learning at Sullivan University. Leah was recognized for her professional impact when Louisville’s Business First Magazine included her in their “20 People to Know in Education/Workforce Development” list.
Downloadable Speaker Photos
Most Popular Session Titles, Descriptions & Learning Objectives
They Drive Me Crazy! The Millennial Story You HAVEN’T Heard
Millennials (workers under 37) are now the largest generational cohort in the workforce, and that they’ll outnumber the Boomers and GenXers combined by 2020. But in this session, you’ll hear a unique perspective on the Millennial mindset, the Millennial’s side!
Hear first-hand stories about the real issues on the T.A.B.L.E. (technology, authority, balance, loyalty and entitlement). This program fuels an eye-opening discussion about which traditional business principles may need a revamp to be effective in today’s changing workplace. This session is a must-see for those who need to retain the talent they can’t afford to lose.
- Define the generational cohorts and reasons each group’s definition of “professionalism” varies
- Calculate the rising cost of employee turnover
- Uncover why Millennials think and act so differently than previous generations and how exactly those generational differences are showing up in the workplace
- Take away strategies for improving management effectiveness in order to reduce unnecessary employee turnover, particularly among the youngest generation in the organization
Leading the New Workforce: Retaining Talent as Employee Expectations Evolve
For most products, yesterday’s luxury items have become today’s standard features. It’s no different with employee expectations. As times change, employees will no longer stick around for just a paycheck and stability. Instead, they expect (and often demand) more from their employers, including a positive culture, flexibility, transparency, empowerment, meaningful work and opportunities for advancement. As the battle for talent continues, are you making the necessary adjustments to meet employee expectations? Come hear insights into the shifting workforce and learn strategies for retaining the talent you can’t afford to lose!
- Identify the current trends of the shifting workforce and employees’ evolving expectations
- Uncover the differences behind an employer vs. employee market and how businesses are impacted in each situation
- Learn best practices and strategies for retaining talent when employees have the upper hand
Full-Day Workforce Summit
Tired of the revolving door of employee turnover? Wish your staff understood what professionalism meant? If so, join us for our Workforce Summit, where we’ll tackle your staffing challenges head on!
Come learn insights about the shifting demographics of the workforce, employees’ evolving expectations, and strategies for improving staffing stability and reducing unnecessary employee turnover. We’ll also dive into the mindset of your Millennial workers, those under 37, to explain exactly why they think and work so differently than previous generations.
By the time you leave this workshop, you’ll discover the true cost of employee turnover, know how to assess your brand as an employer and walk away with realistic plans for improving your workforce woes.
- Identify the current and shifting workforce demographics
- Discuss the evolution of employee expectations over the past decade
- Learn how generational differences impact the workforce and why today’s youngest generation of workers thinks and acts differently than previous generations
- Discover strategies for reducing unnecessary employee turnover and increasing staffing stability
We’re low maintenance and our AV needs are simple…
Please provide a projector and screen.
Your speaker will bring her own laptop with the adapters needed to plug into VGA and/or HDMI cabling. No audio/video is played from our devices. And we always carry thumb drives with us to transfer our PowerPoint files over to your system, if needed.
If your audience is larger than 50 people, a wireless lapel microphone is requested. And if we’re doing an interactive workshop or breakout session with an audience larger than 100, an additional handheld wireless microphone would be great for enhanced audience interaction.